Sr. Product Manager, Data Science, AI FrameworkFull Time
About the job
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab .
We’re looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager to drive the roadmap for the AI Framework at GitLab. This group is focused on supporting foundational generative AI and ML technologies that support our AI-powered GitLab Duo features . You’ll enable GitLab to navigate the rapidly evolving ML/AI landscape and leverage leading ML/AI technologies like Google Cloud AI , Anthropic, GitLab in-house models, and open source models.
We want to enable all GitLab development teams to leverage advanced ML/AI capabilities for improving and adding functionality to GitLab, without needing any advanced knowledge or significant effort. This internally facing role will enable our product teams to help users accelerate development and enhance productivity across the software development lifecycle (SDLC). This individual will lead cross-functionality with other GitLab stages to ensure our teams can drive our core differentiators using ML/AI where appropriate and help development teams best leverage our AI Framework and AI Research teams.
- Work closely with internal development, technical field, legal, and privacy teams to enable GitLab to effectively build ML/AI capabilities into our product.
- Ensure that the next milestone contains the most relevant items to customers, users, and us
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to make feature proposals enticing, actionable, and small
- Keep the group’s /direction up to date as our high-level roadmap
- Ensure that we translate customer demands to features that solve problems and get used but keep the product UI clean and the codebase maintainable
- Be present on social media (hacker news, twitter, stack overflow, mailing list), to keep up with the rapidly evolving ML/AI ecosyst
- Prior experience with ML/AI products and use cases.
- Experience with internal stakeholder management (Legal, Infrastructure, Financial, Model Validation teams) and internally-facing product teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team in a large Product organization.
- High-level technical understanding of ML/AI technologies (e.g GPUs, model inference, training, natural language processing, large language models, embeddings, vector database, etc)
- Familiarity with the technical differences and operational requirements of various AI disciplines (e.g. supervised and unsupervised machine learning, Generative AI Parameter Efficient Fine Tuning (PEFT), Prompt Engineering, and Reinforcement Learning with Human Feedback (RLHF), and Retrieval Augmented Generation).
- Experience managing ML/AI based product features operating at scale.
- Experience providing developer tools and internal frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally, as these groups will affect many parts of GitLab.
- Understanding how to communicate the technical complexities of ML/AI technologies at the right level to stakeholders with wide ranges of business to technical knowledge.
- Deep understanding of the production pain points of ML/AI products (e.g data usage, privacy considerations, intellectual property protection, prompt engineering, abuse).
- Demonstrated understanding of both SaaS and Self-hosted software platforms.
Additional Core Responsibilities Of GitLab Product Managers .
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote , asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.