Senior Developer, Generative AIFull Time
About The Role
In this role, you will
- Write high quality, maintainable code and release well working LLM applications
- Perform peer reviews and participate in technical discussions both at the team level and product level
- Participate in internal and/or external developer communities
- Contribute to technical planning and backlog management
- Mentor and empower other people around you
In our belief, we find the following characteristics important to succeed in the job.
- Experience. 5+ years of software development experience. You are on your way to well versed full stack development and can mostly manage also in the cloud.
- Backend development. You can create API backends using either Python or Node.js and TypeScript, and create infrastructure needed to run them. You have designed and implemented effective APIs using e.g. OpenAPI.
- Cloud engineering. You can work yourself through in the cloud infrastructure. We are using AWS with CDK/CloudFormation.
- Generative AI. You have hands-on experience with GenAI components, such as fine-tuning, vector databases, and advanced LLM prompt engineering. You understand today’s LLM application architecture, its building blocks and can create LLM applications from scratch.
- Willingness to learn. As new, interesting, and better technologies evolve, you have the willingness and demonstrated capability to learn new things quickly and share your learnings with others.
We have an open culture and have flexible hybrid working model. You can develop your know-how with versatile responsibilities and our wide education opportunities together with the team of other software developers, data scientists and business-minded product owners. In this role, you can make a critical impact into the way news technology works for years to come. Our workplace is located in the heart of Helsinki.
Could this be the role for you? It’s easy to apply, so do it now or ask for more information from Harri Virtala (email@example.com) or Jyrki Hokkanen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This position requires a work permit and permanent residence in Finland, Finnish language B level is preferred. Applicants may be required to undergo a security clearance in accordance with the Security Clearance Act (726/2014).
Employment type: Fulltime
Sanoma Tech & Data
Sanoma Media Finland is the leading Finnish cross-media company and a forerunner in the digital transformation of media. Our brands deliver relevant, inspiring and captivating content across media channels and reach almost every Finn every week. Our Tech&Data organisation is operating at the very heart of the fast-paced media world. We have 100+ experts of IT and data based in different cities in Finland.
We develop digital services and create Innovations for Helsingin Sanomat, the leading daily newspaper in Scandinavia, Ilta-Sanomat, the market leader in digital and mobile news, regional media Aamulehti, Satakunnan Kansa and a large number of local and regional newspapers as well as beloved lifestyle brands. Nelonen Media is the leading entertainment house with an extensive video, audio and event portfolio.
We have an open culture and have flexible hybrid working model. You can develop your know-how with versatile responsibilities and our wide education opportunities.Our workplaces are located in the heart of Helsinki and Tampere.
Our mission is to offer Finnish media content also to next generations.