BYJU’S UK is a recently established subsidiary of BYJU’S (Think & Learn Pvt Ltd), the world’s largest Ed-Tech company with its headquarters in India and products and offices across Asia, North and South America. BYJU’S UK primarily aims at developing cutting-edge digital technologies and products that support BYJU’S offerings across the world. The stakeholders include highly qualified personnel in the domain of science, technology, innovation and management. Valued at $ 23 billion, it has close to 50,000 employees worldwide.
What are we offering you?
- The experience of being part of the world’s biggest Ed-tech company in terms of scale of operations and headcount.
- Academic research environment
- Opportunity to do impactful work at scale.
- You would join a small, dedicated and fast-growing team.
- A world-class peer learning experience with individualised mentorship.
- Value-based workplace
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from home part of the time
- Competitive compensation package including comprehensive medical insurance and performance-based bonus
As a Computer Vision Engineer, you are expected to:
- Develop Deep Learning architectures to solve problems.
- Design and create platforms for processing and visualization.
- Research, develop, evaluate and optimize various computer vision and deep learning models for different problems.
- Develop analysis algorithms. Explore and analyse unstructured data like images through image processing.
As a Speech & Natural Language Processing Research Engineer, you are expected to:
- Design and develop Speech/NLP systems
- Define appropriate data sets for language learning
- Develop new ideas using natural spoken interfaces for situated interaction
- Productise, develop, optimise and deploy Speech/NLG algorithms, supportive modules (such as architects, data processors, APIs) and other features.
- Research, design and adopt cutting-edge Speech/NLG algorithms to address BYJU’S business priorities
As a Speech & Natural Language Processing Research Engineer, you will be presented with an opportunity to work on:
- Classroom recordings analysis. We’re developing a system to automate the summarisation of classroom audio recordings. The aim is to make our class recordings completely searchable, so that our students would be able to retrieve and listen to specific topics covered during a class. This would require the development of a framework for, amongst others, speaker detection, automatic speech recognition (across different languages), text summarisation, keyword spotting, and topic prediction.
Required Academic Qualifications, Work Experience and Skills
- Master’s degree in speech processing with 1-2 years of experience (required), or PhD in speech processing with DL (preferred).
- Must have good object-oriented programing & logical analysis skills and experience on any machine/deep learning frameworks like Python, Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch.
- Understanding of depth and breadth of speech, natural language processing, dialogue modelling, text representation techniques, machine translation-compilers and multimodal communication.
- A strong intuition for what makes products a joy to use.
- Empathy for how different users will need different things out of a product at different stages, and how to effectively serve these different needs in one product.
- Strong communication and mediation skills.
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- A strong software engineering background with machine learning expertise to understand how the user facing product will tie into backend and architectural decisions.
Desirable Academic Qualifications, Work Experience and Skills
- Experience in building commercial software systems.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author).