AI Researcher LLMFull Time
Robin AI is looking for LLM Research Engineers to join a new Research and Development function in the company. Today our product uses large language models to help automate legal work. You will work to ensure that we continue to be at the cutting edge of LLM capabilities by working on LLM fine-tuning, retrieval augmented generation, and other technologies, and by identifying new possible LLM functionality we can build into our product.
You will report directly to the CTO and co-founder as part of a small, agile and cross-functional R&D team.
This role represents an opportunity to drive the medium and long term AI roadmap for a well-funded, fast growing legal AI start-up that is now emerging as a leader in the field.
What you’ll do
- Lead research projects aimed at improving the capabilities of the LLMs we use in our core product
- Prototype new functionality using LLMs
- Experiment with new ways our data can be used to improve the product and identify and acquire new sources of relevant data
- Be aware of and communicate the latest developments in AI
- Collaborate with our product and engineering team to help productionise the results of your research, and with partner organisations such as AWS and Anthropic
- Together with our prompt engineering team, act as a hub of expertise in LLM usage and best practice for the whole company
- Has exceptional ML engineering ability – evidence of which can include:
- Publications in top AI conferences
- Experience in ML engineering at elite AI research labs
- Experience in applied ML engineering or research in complex and high-stakes applications
- Major contributions to open source models or frameworks
- Strong experience in training, evaluating and deploying large AI models
- Experience in building products/projects using large language models (either open-source or commercial APIs)
- Deep knowledge of technical machine learning concepts, and related fields
- A scientific, hypothesis-driven mindset, and the ability to quickly build prototypes to test those hypotheses
- Adept at quickly building prototypes with Python and relevant ML frameworks
- A background working in a start-up or similar size organisation and a passion for building high-quality products
- Strong communication skills, and ability to distil technically complex concepts and data for an intelligent but non-ML audience
Compensation at Robin AI
- Salary: £100k-£200k
- Generous Equity package: When you help build Robin AI, everyone deserves to be an owner.
- Please Note: If your salary expectations look a little different to that outlined, we’d still be keen to hear from you if this is a role that excites you and one that you think you could really excel in.
Benefits at Robin AI
At Robin AI, we put humanity first— we believe a great product is inextricably linked to a great internal community.
We’re a quickly growing, cross-functional team that values supporting each other’s development. As part of the team, you can expect:
- 25 days PTO, excluding bank holidays, cultural leave, and birthday leave
- Unlimited, trust-based sick leave
- Enhanced gender-neutral parental leave
- Technology to enable you to work seamlessly from the office or home
- Focus on continual learning and development
- Free healthy breakfast on Tuesdays, cinnamon rolls on Thursdays, and a fridge of beverages ordered to request!
Robin’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Robin employees have the flexibility to work from home 4 days per week.
Robin is deliberate about the culture we are building and are committed to creating an inclusive environment that attracts the best talent from diverse backgrounds. Whether it’s helping curate the Robin Spotify playlist, discussing gender equality in tech, or taking a meditation break with our holistic health plan, we want you to find your space within the Robin community.
From our offices in Liverpool Street, London you’ll have access to all of the WeWork amenities including co-working space, bike lockers, pool tables, table tennis, free barista-made coffee and free beer in the evenings.
Diversity, equity and Inclusion at Robin AI
We want to break diversity, inclusion and equality barriers within the tech industry. In building our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring, and welcome applications regardless of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, education, opinions, nation of origin, languages spoken, age, pregnancy and maternity, or veteran’s status. To request reasonable accommodation, we encourage you to communicate any reasonable accommodations you may need to your recruiter as you move forward.