AI Research ScientistFull Time
We are facing a real challenge and we are looking for the right person to join our adventure.
The use of digitalization technologies and Artificial Intelligence in the world of healthcare reveals great opportunities to benefit and improve patient’s care, reducing costs and improving global health. We can find many medical areas that are already getting the benefits of this new wave, however, others like hematology, infectious diseases, neglected tropical diseases, among others, still remain one step behind. SpotLab is fighting to bridge the gap.
We have received more than 10 international awards, including the Seal of Excellence of the European Union, being one of the most innovative start-up companies based on breakthrough innovations with scale and impact potential. We are a multidisciplinary orchestra with gender parity where developers, engineers, doctors, business managers, etc. with different professional backgrounds interact and complement each other.
We are looking to hire a full time Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist, who will develop, train and deploy machine learning and image processing algorithms for the diagnosis of medical images.
- Developing solutions for medical image analysis using neural networks and automatic image processing.
- Preparing the working environment to organize and clean the data, the ground truth, and everything needed to evaluate different algorithms and pipelines.
- Interacting with medical specialists and product managers to understand the needs and assess technical feasibility.
- Deploying algorithms in real time operational conditions working together with the engineering team.
- Drafting the technical documentation of the technology developed.
- Scientific publications mean a lot for SpotLab, we strive to create high impact publications, that is why you will need to be able to get involved at any stage of the research, from state of the art analysis, experiment planning and execution, critical thinking and scientific mind for solutions and conclusions, paper writing skills for submission, dealing with reviews, so on.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Proven experience developing solutions in the fields of machine learning, image processing or computer vision.
- Experience with the followings are plus:
- Artificial Intelligence in the Edge
- Biomedical image processing
- Computer vision
- Video processing
- Any other input format, such as audio? text? accelerometers? or any other? let us know!
- Strong software engineering skills in Python and experience with the Python scientific ecosystem.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence frameworks and in particular deep learning libraries (Keras, TensorFlow, Caffe or Torch) (WandB). Knowledge of programming with GPUs is a plus.
- A master’s degree or a doctorate in computer science, Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering or another relevant discipline is a plus.
- Encouraged to try new ideas, willing to share points of view with workmates
- Willingness to take risks and the ability to stay persistent.
- A dreamer soul and empathic heart, with the urge to create a positive impact in this world
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal (spanish and english)
- Ability to work in a small team, full of multidisciplinary people and a fast-change environment.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty, autonomy to explore new paths and dare to walk the unwalkable.