AI Machine LearningFull Time
✌️About the job
As one of our first Engineering Managers, you will have the unique chance to shape the role and define what that looks like at Robin AI over time. Our ambitions go way beyond reviewing contracts. We want to build technology that changes the way companies all over the world do deals by developing ground-breaking products that transform the way legal teams operate.With our ambitious product vision, you will have ample opportunities to grow your career as an Engineering Manager, scaling our engineering team and shaping the future of our engineering processes. You’ll make meaningful decisions on our technical direction and work with engineers to implement them. You’ll drive key initiatives for the Machine Learning chapter and identify how we can do things better. This role offers the chance to implement real change at a fast-growing legal tech start up that’s transforming an industry.Our Tech Stack
- We incorporate Large Language Models (LLMs) from third-party vendors (some of them not yet released to the public!)
- Our in-house model training pipelines incorporate two ecosystems – HuggingFace Transformers and scikit-learn.
- We use AWS services such as Sagemaker, ECS and Lambda to make these models available for use in our products (which are also hosted on AWS).
- We use CircleCI to build and deploy, and all of our infrastructure is managed using Terraform.
What You’ll Do
- Define the vision and identify ways of improving our cutting-edge Machine Learning capabilities. This could be from identifying new approaches from research papers, using our datasets in new, innovative ways, or through horizon scanning for emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Identify ways to use our data most effectively, streamline our training pipelines and help define best practices with a medium to long-term view. Coordinate with Product Managers and other key stakeholders across our Engineering and Product squads, to plan and implement an ambitious roadmap for our Machine Learning capabilities.
- Manage a team of Machine Learning Engineers; promote growth through feedback and help each team member achieve their potential by supporting them through their journey at Robin.
- Scale our Machine Learning function through inclusive hiring. You will spearhead our initiative to diversify our talent pipeline by building relationships with coding bootcamps, network groups and beyond.
- Champion a collaborative engineering culture where people feel empowered to push boundaries, take ownership and drive real change.
- You have been responsible for defining the strategy and roadmap of Machine Learning capabilities at a start-up or similar size organisation to Robin AI.
- You are comfortable contributing in all areas of the Machine Learning lifecycle, from requirements gathering all the way to deploying to production and monitoring.
- You have an in-depth understanding of all aspects of Machine Learning, including feature engineering, model architectures, training algorithms and evaluation metrics.
- You have experience designing Production-grade services and components to expose Machine Learning capabilities, utilising a variety of tools and technologies. You have a holistic understanding of AWS (or another cloud provider).
- You have managed a team of engineers, and developing the careers and skills of your direct reports is your passion. You take time you understand your teams career goals and what is important to them. You foster a great engineering culture by ensuring trust, honesty and openness within your team.
Compensation At Robin AI
- Salary: £120,000-£150,000
- Generous Equity package: When you help build Robin AI, everyone deserves to be an owner.
- Please Note: If your salary expectations look a little different to that outlined, we’d still be keen to hear from you if this is a role that excites you and one that you think you could really excel in.
Benefits At Robin AIAt Robin AI, we put humanity first— we believe a great product is inextricably linked to a great internal community.We’re a quickly growing, cross-functional team that values supporting each other’s development. As part of the team, you can expect:
- 25 days PTO, excluding bank holidays, cultural leave, and birthday leave
- Unlimited, trust-based sick leave
- Enhanced gender-neutral parental leave
- Technology to enable you to work seamlessly from the office or home
- Focus on continual learning and development
- Free healthy breakfast on Tuesdays, cinnamon rolls on Thursdays, and a fridge of beverages ordered to request!