AI Designer & ArtFreelance
✌️About the job
Braintrust is a user-owned talent network that connects you with great jobs with no fees or membership costs—so you keep 100% of what you earn.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
When you join Braintrust, you will be invited to a screening process for Braintrust to learn more about your previous work experiences. Once completed, you will have access to the employer for this role and other top companies that seek high-quality talent. Apply to this job to kick off the process.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States only (Time Zone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100-$123/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long term
- EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years
- BRAINTRUST JOB ID: 7888
Location: NY/NJ preferred – but willing to consider strong remote candidates
What you’ll be working on
Conversational AI Designer
Do you want to be part of collaborative User Experience and Conversational AI team helping to shape the future of consumer experience? As a Conversational AI Designer you are responsible for leading the design and build of omnichannel conversational experiences for our digital customers, including developing the interactions for intelligent virtual assistants and chatbots.
Currently an experienced Conversation and/or User Experience Designer who works with conversational AI assistants and chatbots, or conversational marketing.
We expect to see your passion for creating engaging and intuitive customer experiences, and your knack for simplifying complex topics into conversational interfaces. Being successful in this role, you will demonstrate having deep understanding of user experience practices and conversational design principles. You can work with a cross-functional team to develop and implement data-driven and AI-based digital assistants for a wide range of products and services. You should have the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and take initiative and prioritize tasks for the design workflow.
- Two or more years of professional experience working with chatbots or voice assistants
- May also have worked with IVR and speech recognition solutions
- Know conversational AI technologies and dataset elements, NLU, NLP, ML, utterances, prompts, intents, entities, annotations
- Familiar with Generative AI technologies, DL, LLMs, GPT, Diffusion models
- Know how to use some of the AI technologies widely available, especially for chat and digital assistants – Amelia (Ipsoft), Google Dialogflow, IBM Watson, Rasa, Kore.ai, Microsoft Power Apps, or other platforms
- Know how to use design and documentation tools including Adobe Suite, Figma, diagraming apps, Microsoft 365 suite, Jira
- Know omnichannel platforms and devices including, websites, mobile apps, IVR/telephony, SMS, Apple iOS, Google Android, voice assistant devices
- Experienced with Agile methodology and team dynamics
- Familiar with Design Thinking methodology
- Have a background in user experience design, customer service, content management, marketing, product design, or UX writing
- Create conversational dialog designs, prompts and scripts for human-machine conversations
- Work closely with product team and business partners to plan, design, optimize and deliver virtual assistants in an agile development environment
- Understand and work closely with developers using working knowledge technology
- Apply user-centered design methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design, business, & technology decisions
- Model application of human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities
- Collaborate within product teams – assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features – advocating for the end user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business goals Independently, and in partnership with researchers, facilitate feedback loops through appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis to inform decisions and designs
- Continuously grow your depth of knowledge, and apply it, to evolve existing and craft new product opportunities, including information architecture, research opportunities, and platform capabilities
- Measure design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions
- As a Conversational AI Designer, you will report to our Lead Conversational AI & UX Designer, who reports to our Head of Enterprise Experience Design organization.
- 20% Travel required for this position to New York, NY and Bethlehem, PA
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.